Bouncing Back

So, I told y'all that if I got a bad grade, I would write on it and I intend to keep my promise. I got my other grades back on Thursday and Friday and the one on Thursday absolutely broke me. I had to walk out and calm myself down in a study group, while still trying to complete the torts homework I hadn't finished (I found out the grade about 40 minutes before Torts). It was bad, y'all. Like after class my professor came up to me and asked if I had a bad cold and I had to explain that it just wasn't a good morning so far. He understood and he had even given us a pep talk prior to actually getting to the lesson. I wasn't the lowest score, but I wasn't middle of the pack either, and actually was below the average score (what a blow to the ego).
So, here's how I'm dealing with my grade.

  1. Taking a night off to decompress.
    I took Thursday off after class to cry and forget my problems. Probably time wasted, but I was able to hang out with my roommate all night and just forget. I needed to relax and get my head on straight because I kept thinking "Maybe I'm not cut out for law school and I should just drop out." I mean, a C wasn't that bad, but it was definitely different from my normal A's with occasional B's. 
  2. I created an attack plan.
    I decided since I did super well in Torts and it was one of my easier classes in under grad, I could probably put that on the back burner a little bit and put more effort into my other classes. This means I had to change my schedule and spend a little extra time per week on the other classes.
  3. I leaned on my support system.
    I called my parents and requested a pep talk. It was perfect timing because my dad actually was coming down to see me so all weekend he was sort of building me back up from my hard fall. I don't think I could have continued without them. They have been such big supporters and are always pushing me forward even when I doubt myself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation in Law School

How I got the Top Grade in Torts

Lenovo 2-in-1 laptop