My Last Meeting As President

This last week was a bitter sweet moment for me, my last meeting as president of the Association of Legal Professionals at Mt. SAC. We had a couple of great speakers, shoutout to John Jocelyn and Renee from Lem Garcia Law, and we had great participation from our group of members.
However, since electing the new officers, I can't help but continue to look back on my year as president. Did I do enough? Could I have been better? Did I bring a substantial amount of new and relative information to the meetings? I have been battling between two constant emotions since the last meeting, pride and insufficiency. I had a lot of plans for the club this semester, and unfortunately, I was not able to get a lot of it finished. I had plans (like two meetings a month, to getting a bunch of new members) but I continuously ran into speed bumps. Because I was unable to execute these plans fully, I partially feel as though I have failed. This is a common feeling for me since I am a Type A perfectionist and require the absolute best of myself, but again, there are things I cannot control.
I feel as if this feeling will follow me into law school. I can already see myself posing new questions regarding law school. Did I make the most out of my law school experience? Did I do all the extra curricular activities in law school that was presented to me? Could I have done more?
It seems like a big portion of my self-esteem and life revolves around new experiences and doing things that will better myself, but that is a big problem with Type A personalities. We never feel like we have done enough.
When speaking with the new officers, I gave them a piece of advice that I wish I had been given at the beginning of the year. Don't kill yourself for this club. Plan ahead, like way ahead, so that you can go through the club and make it the best, without stressing yourself out more then necessary. As this week continues, I'm looking back, and I'm realizing how much of a great year we had. With all the stress, issues with administration, planning, and last minute things going wrong, it was still an amazing year. We had so many speakers with a range of topics that go outside of our current curriculum, that opened many of our eyes that there may be more fields that we are interested in, rather than just the ones taught at our school. I made amazing friends through this club, many of which I hope to work with in the future, all of which I see bright and prosperous futures ahead of them.
I wish for nothing but the best for the new officers, and I sincerely hope they are able to feel completely fulfilled with what they accomplished with this coming school year. Being in a position of leadership is hard, but can be very satisfying. It just takes work, dedication, and love for what you do.  It also helps if you have a strong support system.
Below, I have attached a picture of our last meeting and our members and speakers. It will forever be a changing point in my life because I know, unfortunately, that I will lose contact with some, but that for while they were in my life, they made it enjoyable and unforgettable. I have also attached our new officers, good luck, be patient and be persistent.
Thank you everyone, who was there, who helped me through this last year, and most of all, to my own officers and advisers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I got the Top Grade in Torts

Motivation in Law School

First Week in Review